Thursday, January 6, 2011

World of Warcraft Lag Spikes!

So, I have been one of the countless masses that have been hit with the "WoW Lag Spikes", so I haven't had much to write about. But I finally found a solution!
Apparently this problem is caused by "packet shaping" at AT&T's junctions on the Web. This apparently confuses the data going between WoW servers and your computer and causes these lag outs. This is also why most of us can still chat while we're having a lag spike, which I always found strange.

I have been using a service called WoW Tunnels (www.wowtunnels.com) which has fixed it for me. I have been using it for 3 days now, and haven't had a single lag spike since then. My ping has stayed consistently between 60 and 100 since then. No more 2800+ spikes! The service is $3.49 a month, and, to me at least, it's totally worth it until Blizzard and the ISPs can fix the problems going on right now. You can also try the service for free, but the limitation is that you'll get disconnected every 30 minutes without the paid service. And if you decide to go with this route, please put me down as referrer. gristlehead.

Thank you. And I hope this helps some of you.

Go here!

Go Home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment